With Datacenter Clarity LC’s web-based portal, information about the performance of devices in your data center can be accessed over the internet using the latest web and mobile development frameworks
With Datacenter Clarity LC’s web-based portal, information about the performance of devices in your data center can be accessed over the internet using the latest web and mobile development frameworks. Whether you’re a colocation center, a cloud provider, or an enterprise data center, configurable levels of user access allow you to provide the necessary information to any and all stakeholders involved, including operators, managers, C-level executives, tenants, or other users. The web-client allows for easy access from all types of devices including mobile, tablet, and desktop. New functionalities for the web portal are constantly being developed, and current functionalities include:
- Alarms Management
- Assets Management
- Change Management
- Workflow Manager
- My Inbox
- 3D visualization
- Real-time monitoring
- Network & Electrical cable management
- 4D Reporting
- Library/Catalog management
- Capacity management
- User-Access management
- Multi-lingual interface
- Quick access to key data and floor overview
- 3D model view
- Flexible reporting tools
- Easy user management
- No IT footprint
- Access it from anywhere
A fully functional, real-time view of alarm events in your datacenter is now available as an intuitive, out-of-the-box module in the Datacenter Clarity LC web client.
You can now:
- View the location and alarm status of sites on a world-wide map and the root asset with its child assets in a hierarchical tree view.
- View real-time alarm information overlaid on the 3D model of the datacenter.
- Use row grouping in the Alarm Viewer views to categorize data by groups, filter attributes you want to show or hide in the alarm tables, and sort by different criteria. Custom table configurations are now saved per user.
- Export alarm reports.
- Acknowledge all unacknowledged events related to the alarm instance at the same time.
- Navigate to the Dashboard Navigator from the Alarm Viewer live feed and view real-time and historical values for monitored attributes.
- Customize alarm status color.
- Create alarms on string values.
- Customize the content of alarm email and SMS notifications.
The 3D Viewer Workbench has the following additional functionalities:
- You can now place and move:
- Tile mounted assets
- Rack wall mounted assets
- Rack-mounted assets
- Bay-mounted assets
- Swap asset placement within a rack or between racks with a click of a button.
- Clone assets, their children, and any internal connections to create common assemblies for on-demand placement (SKUs).
- Export and import CSV files for reporting or batch modification purposes.
- When you make changes to assets, you can view a list of the modifications.
- Custom model templates enable users to customize the appearance of assets
- Store and recall preferred viewing parameters, just as different viewing angles and orientations.
The 3D Viewer now supports more dynamic reporting:
- The Asset Information dialog box displays dynamic, real-time rack capacity metrics.
- Visual reports include information on the local changes that you make in the Workbench.
- The Clarity Index report lets you specify multiple criteria with which to evaluate the suitability of racks for placing additional assets.
Datacenter Clarity LC change management now includes the following modules that let you manage the sequential stages of a request in the web client:
- Manage changes to your data center using workflow instances.
- The “My Inbox” module enables users to respond to and track workflow instance tasks.
The Workflow Manager module creates a process that lets you manage changes to your data center using a workflow instance.
In the Workflow Manager, you can create a workflow instance and monitor its status. You can also manage and configure the following:
- The names of the users, roles assigned to the tasks.
- Assets that are affected by the workflow instance.
- Work orders and, optionally, reference files.
The “My Inbox” module displays the workflow instance tasks, which are assigned to you in the Workflow Manager.
In My Inbox, you can:
- View task information, such as the workflows, affected assets and reference items.
- Sign-off on the workflow instance tasks.
- Forward and re-assign tasks.
- Add and modify assets in the 3D Viewer Workbench that are affected by the workflow instance.
The 3.0 Dashboard Builder module enables users to create custom dashboards. Not only is the usability greatly simplified and streamlined, but users can also share their custom dashboards with specific groups, roles, and members of their organization. In addition, out-of-the-box widgets enable the user to perform powerful analytics, such as:
- Creating groups and pivot tables
- Calculating sums, averages, max, min, standard deviations, etc.
- Hiding, showing, or filtering attributes
- Exporting the table data in XLSX, CSV and JSON formats.
In addition, you can now link a dynamic query to a real-time table widget. This allows you to create generic custom dashboards that can leverage the query to populate the content of the table on-the-fly. This new capability also eliminates the effort necessary to keep dashboards up-to-date in rapidly changing environments.
Building Management System (BMS)
Datacenter Clarity LC is now integrated to work with the Siemens Building Management Platform Desigo CC. Use the new BMS module to:
- View BMS alarm events.
- Acknowledge BMS alarm events.
- Display in the 3D Viewer assets on which BMS alarm events happened.
Web API support
Datacenter Clarity LC provides a Web Service Interface (web API) with interactive online documentation. The documentation is based on Swagger and is a run-time representation of the API.